The Lagos State Government has begun investigation into a suspected case of Coronavirus in the State, as the suspect has been isolated.
A tweet by the Lagos State Ministry of Health on its Twitter handle on Wednesday night said the attention of
the Lagos State Ministry of Health has been drawn to news making the round about a “suspected case of #COVIDー19 @Reddington Lagos.”
The Honourable Minister of Health has announced a confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case in Lagos State
The case, which was confirmed on the 27th of February 2020, is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January 2020 pic.twitter.com/r6uJfeIUhv
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) February 27, 2020
The government said action had been taken by the Ministry of Health and that the situation was currently being investigated.
The government said the patient has been isolated at the Mainland Hospital and that blood samples had been taken for investigation, while the result was being awaited.
“We are currently investigating. Patient Isolated at Mainland Hospital. Blood samples taken for investigation and we await result,” the government said.
“We would like to reassure Lagosians that our vigilance levels are high and we are putting more measures in place to safe guard our State,” it said.
See more tweet about the news :
“The case is an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Italy to Lagos on the 25th of February 2020.”
Lately this is the numbers of people who tested to coronavirus.
S Korea: 66,652
There should be more measures. https://t.co/X1JFcQxGsx
— ‘Tunde Omotoye 🇳🇬 (@TundeTASH) February 28, 2020
FLASH: The Federal Ministry of Health has confirmed a #coronavirus #COVID19 case in Lagos State. The case which was confirmed on Thursday, 27/02/2020 is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in Jan. 2020. More details on @NCDCGov
— Bashir Ahmad (@BashirAhmaad) February 28, 2020